Friday, February 17, 2012

And one of my own ideas.....


Okay. Here is one of my ideas.  I probably swiped it from some source (or at least got the general idea somewhere), but developed it for my own classroom.  I have an "Out of the Room" system.
Each child has their picture (laminated) with a metal ring clipped through a hole. I placed these pictures in a pocket chart. 
I hung three clips with "office", "nurse" and "restroom" by my door. 
If they are in the restroom, they hang their picture/tag on the hook.  This does 2 things.  One: It tells me who is out of the classroom at any time.  Two: Only one child can hang their tag on the restroom hook at a time.
At the beginning of the year, I had a lot of students that were going to the restroom several times per day in addition to our scheduled classroom breaks, so I started having them use the tag one time, then place it in a basket on my desk.  This gives them at least one emergency restroom break every day without having them leave the classroom constantly because they want to wander the halls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment