Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Mom points

As moms, we can be pretty hard on ourselves.  We can often find the faults in ourselves quicker than we can find the good.  So tonight, when my daughter texted me that she “missed my cooking” because she is at her aunt’s house and they never eat “homemade”, that warmed my heart.  I think I’ll add that up as a win. 
Or when my 16 year-old son told me that he now prefers wheat bread over white.  Victory!
Or when my kids ask for more asparagus or broccoli.  I think I’ll count it. 
Maybe those wins will balance out all those times when I forgot to have them brush their teeth, or read a story.  Maybe I might be succeeding after all…at least in the little things. J

2 comments:

  1. Hey now, before people go off thinking I don't cook...I DO COOK. Almost every night! Your daughter was here on an extremely busy weekend. And I cook organic and from scratch. What up, yo!
    :) "Never eat homeade," whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will believe that you cook when I get my crepes I've been promised. ;-)
    ha!

    ReplyDelete